SCORE NJ is excited to offer a Business Pitch contest for Women-Owned Businesses and Women Start-Ups in New Jersey, with the goal of awarding TWO $4,000 Grants by May 18, 2023.
This event is brought to you by the Lester, Muriel and Edie Fraser Women Entrepreneur Fund for SCORE NJ.
There are 3 Steps to this Contest!
Step 1: Make sure you qualify to apply—your business must be in NJ and be registered with the state of New Jersey as of March 1, 2023.
- Your business must be in NJ
- You must have registered the business or start-up with the State of NJ
- Potential and existing business must be 51% woman owned
- Non-profit businesses and those related to firearms, cannabis or marijuana products and adult entertainment are excluded
Step 2: All applicants and the semi-finalists will be notified the week of April 24 of the status of their application.
- 8-10 finalists will advance to the Pitch Round of the Competition
- All finalists will be given a Pitch event outline for their presentations and the evaluation criteria for the Pitch event
- Each finalist is required to work with a SCORE NJ Certified Mentor between April 24-May 12 to perfect their Pitch presentation
- Presentations will be virtual via Zoom and approximately 20 minutes with some Q&A from the judging mentors
Step 3: The Pitch Competition.
- The Pitch presentations will be held virtually during the week of May 15, 2023
- A panel of SCORE NJ Certified Mentors from across New Jersey will serve as Judges
- All Finalists will be given the opportunity to participate in local PR events and online social media promotions of the contest
- The two winners will be announced May 18, 2023 and will be given online promotion across SCORE NJ social media venues*
(*By applying, you agree to allow this promotion)
How to Apply!
Download the Application PDF file and fill in all sections; including your complete contact information. Save the file, attach it to the email and send to: ch.admin0024@scorevolunteer.
All Applications must be Submitted by 12 PM (Noon) EST Thursday, March 30, 2023. Application Deadline will be strictly enforced!
Application Evaluation Criteria:
- Fully completed application with complete contact information
- Describe your target market
- Describe the market need
- Define your competition and how your product or service competes
- What makes your business unique
- Estimated ongoing Revenue Potential
- How will the Grant be used
All Women-owned existing businesses and Women-led Start-ups in New Jersey are encouraged to apply.
Download application and entry forms here.