The Chamber Business Advocacy Committee, along with the NJ Business and Industry Association co-hosted Senator Jim Whelan (D2). Senator Whelan provided comments on the recently released Atlantic County Economic Development Study and fielded questions from attendees on the proposed economic development organization, state pension issues, the Atlantic City PILOT legislation, funding sources for economic development and the issue of raising the gas tax. Following Senator Whelan’s comments, Andrew Musick from NJBIA highlighted several legislative issues that NJBIA was tracking including paid sick leave and proposed increases in workers compensation rates.
- Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order Establishing Rules for Indoor Dining, Indoor Recreational Facilities, and Individualized Instruction at Gyms and Fitness Centers
- 2020 ATLANTIC CITY AIRSHOW IS CANCELLED
- NJ Business Coalition Urges Safe Reopening of All Businesses Currently Closed
- Governor Murphy Announces Increased Indoor and Outdoor Gathering Capacity Limits
- IRS provides answers about Coronavirus related tax relief for Qualified Opportunity Funds and investors