The Greater Atlantic City Chamber joined with the Chelsea EDC and three other neighborhood EDCs (Ducktown, Midtown and Inlet) Wednesday, March 10, 2021 for a free Zoom webinar that introduced attendees to the homebuying process, making them aware of all the programs and financial incentives available to those who buy homes in Atlantic City.
Representatives from Atlantic City, the Atlantic County Improvement Authority, the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency, and private banks such as Fulton and PNC presented their incentive programs. You can watch the 70-minute video here.
The first step for anyone considering buying a home is to get pre-qualified by a lender. There are lenders that are familiar with and administer the incentive programs.
The first step for anyone considering buying a home is to get pre-qualified by a lender. The following are several lenders familiar with and administer the incentive programs:
- Fulton Bank: Pat Kelley, 609-457-9227, email@example.com (https://www.fultonbank.com/Personal/Mortgages/Income-Based-Programs)
- PNC Bank: Grace Corpuz, Grace Corpuz, 201-321-5371, Grace.Corpuz@pnc.com (https://www.pnc.com/content/dam/pnc-home-hq/pdfs/first-time-home-buyer-guide-Q415.pdf)
- Greentree Mortgage: Jim Malamut, 609-646-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org (https://www.greentreemortgage.com/)
- Caliber Home Loans: Madelyn Tejeda, email@example.com (https://www.caliberhomeloans.com/)
The following is the contact info and links for the programs presented at the workshops:
- City of Atlantic City Program: Marc Starling, firstname.lastname@example.org, 609-347-5330 (https://www.cityofatlanticcity.org/page/community-development-block-grant)
- Atlantic County Improvement Authority: Joe Giralo, Giralo_Joe@aclink.org, 609-343-2390 (https://www.acianj.org/community-development)
- NJ Housing Mortgage Finance Agency: Lakesha Walker, email@example.com, 609-278-7561 (https://www.njhousing.gov/dca/hmfa/homeownership/buyers/lenders/)
Additional relevant contacts are as follows:
- Atlantic City Housing Authority: Tom Hannon, 609.344.1107 ext 224, firstname.lastname@example.org; (www.atlanticcityha.org)
- AtlantiCare Down Payment Assistance for Employees: Dylan Wulderk, 609-272-6324, Dylan.email@example.com
- Address Yourself home ownership education and down payment assistance: Daniel Coghlan, (www.addressyourself.org)
- Stories of Atlantic City: Christina Noble, Christina.Noble@stockton.edu, www.storiesofatlanticcity.com
- Chelsea Economic Development Corporation: Elizabeth Terenik, 609-425-9207, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ducktown Neighborhood Community Development Corporation: Michael Cagno, ACducktown@gmail.com